Of course, I did have to test bake 3 or 4 before finally figuring out how long and at what temperature to bake them. Not to mention that I used my oven's drip pan as a baking sheet! Anyway, thanks Mom for sending the mix!
Hanrich and Kent's artichoke dip was amazing, and their Ayi made us some chicken wings. Shannon brought fruit (the watermelon here is delicious!), Marian brought cheese and crackers, and Laura provided cheeses, dips, and other sweet "nibbles." Okay, enough about the food! :)
We started the evening just chilling, waiting on all of the invitees to arrive. Then the games began! Never mind the competition - we just wanted to have fun. We played Catch Phrase, Taboo, and Guesstures, and then we spent the rest of the time socializing and dancing to Laura's party mix of music. It was a ton of fun.
Saturday night there was a group of us who went to see Elton John and Tim Rice's Aida. It was really good. I liked the music and the story line. I will say that going to the theater here is a bit different; the ushers seem to not know that they shouldn't wear high heels nor talk during the show. Audience members also felt compelled to talk and get up during the performance. Luckily for me, there weren't too many distractions near my seat! :)










No comments:
Post a Comment