Friday, August 8, 2008

"Been around the world, and I...I...I...I..."

Okay, so the rest of the lyrics of the song don't jive with my circumstances, but I don't have the brain power for creativity at the moment and I want to stick with my lyrical theme in my posts. :)

Soooo...too much to write!  That's what happens when one waits to long to update her blog.  Ah hem.  Anyway, I have only had internet for a few days now, and I'm finding some frustrations with trying to keep up with email, facebook, and this blog, while also trying to buy things like toilet paper and get a good night's sleep!

The flight was long, but good.  Shannon and I arrived on Sunday, August 3rd with my cat and her dog (who did amazingly well on the 15-hour flight over the top of the world) and were met by Tony, an employee at Shanghai American School.  He was so helpful in getting us quickly through customs and getting our pets taken care of at the quarantine station.

Our principal, Ron, also met us at the airport with a wad of cash to get us by for a while.  Needless to say, it's all about gone now!  With the need for cookware, linens, etc., money doesn't last long.  However, the school is wonderful about reimbursing us quickly for settling in expenses.


3 comments:

Techinstructor said...

So glad to hear you made it safely! Looks exciting :-) Thanks for keeping us posted.

Anonymous said...

Angie!! The school is beautiful and you look so happy in every picture. Good luck on this amazing adventure. I'll be living vicarioulsy through you for the next 2 years. Keep us updated!

katie doyle said...

Love the pics and glad to hear you are settling in. You have to idea how much I would love to run away from all of this mess and come hang out in Shanghai! Really enjoyed talking to you today...

Sept 18 Blog

August 26 Blog Video