Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Yes. I'm still here.

I know I'm not keeping up with the blogging as much as I was in the beginning.  My apologies.  Of course, as my little sister, Alicia laughed, "No one reads your stupid blog anyway.  You're just wasting your time."  Of course she said this sarcastically.  Right, Alicia?!  :)

Anyway, the past few weekends have been full of shopping.  Pearls, fabric for a dress for the winter ball, and all sorts of bobbles in between.  Not to mention shopping for jeans in a country where the average clothing size is meant for an Oompa Loompa or member of the Lollipop Guild.  As if that wasn't bad enough, changing in front of an audience behind a sheet was the icing on the cake!

This past week, a mutual friend of mine and Shannon's paid us a visit.  Yay, Anna!  It was so great to see a familiar face, especially as I have been a bit homesick lately.  Of course, we had to initiate Anna into life in Shanghai.  So, a trip to Carrefour was in order; after all, one has to decide what to have for dinner - turtles, frogs, snakes, or fish heads!  


Anna at the airport.

Turtles, and frogs, and fish heads, oh my!

Later we ventured back to the markets with Anna (pearl, fabric, and glasses) where she enjoyed bargaining and getting some great stuff!  Oh, and she got to see a common site - a child taking a poop on the floor outside of a store.  Yep.  Can't see that in the good 'ole U.S. of A.!

Anna and Shannon with their newfound family. 
 (We're used to hearing, "Hey pretty lady!  I give you good price.  You are my friend."  However, these gals took the cake with calling them "sisters"!)

 
Caution: The scary mannequins may eat you!

1 comment:

Techinstructor said...

Don't listen to Alicia! I read your blog all the time -- and it's not Stupid!

I'm sure it's quite an adventure but I'd be homesick too. Sometimes you have to experience something so different to appreciate the things you have.

Take care.... hope to see you in December.

Sept 18 Blog

August 26 Blog Video